Located 10 minutes north of Crane and 30 miles southeast of Burns, the JMK Ranch is a quality commercial hay operation consisting of 2,230± acres in a contiguous unit. The ranch features 1,125± acres irrigated by nine center pivots, seven of which are planted to alfalfa and two in triticale that will be planted to alfalfa for the 2021 season. The ranch produces three cuttings of hay with yields of four to five tons per acre. Eight of the pivots are Valley brand (the most recent one installed in 2011), while the ninth is a Zimmatic installed in 2015. Low elevation sprinkler application (LESA) systems have been installed on each pivot resulting in increased yields and reduced water consumption. Irrigation water comes from eight wells interconnected through a buried mainline system. Wells pump between 500-800 gpm and depths are in the 300’ to 600’ range. The owner has invested approximately $800,000 into the irrigation system since 2008. The ranch also features 1,085± acres of dryland pasture and 20± acres encompassing the ranch improvements. Buildings and infrastructure include a manufactured home, shop building, 9-bay open-sided machine shed, horse barn, “commodities” barn, and a permitted 750-head backgrounding lot with concrete bunks and metal panels attached to metal posts. In addition, there is a cattle-working facility, loading chute, hydraulic squeeze chute, and an enclosed 20,000 lb. beam scale. Cattle pens are watered with automatic frost-free troughs. Stock water is also available to each of the pivot fields through an interconnected system installed in 2015. The system consists of tire tanks with floats and is capable of providing water throughout the winter. Water is supplied by three wells. The JMK was formerly part of large, year-round cattle ranch called McEwen Ranch and Cattle Company based in eastern Oregon and is being offered for sale separately as a standalone operation. As part of the McEwen Ranch, the property supplied hay for McEwen cattle and also produced excess hay to sell. The JMK has also served as a location to winter McEwen bulls, receive bred cattle, and hold remnant calves. Hall and Hall’s management division has provided professional oversight of the JMK Ranch since 2008 and is available to work on behalf of a new owner to manage the property under a long-term arrangement or as part of a transition strategy.
Just the Facts
- 2,230± deeded, contiguous acres located 10 minutes north of Crane and 30 miles southeast of Burns
- 1,125± irrigated acres under nine center pivots with low elevation sprinkler application (LESA) systems installed
- Irrigation water comes from eight interconnected wells with flows between 500-800 gpm and depths between 300’ and 600’; all pumps and motors have been pulled and maintained over the past five years; flow meters are in place on all wells
- Seven pivots are planted to alfalfa and two are in triticale transitioning to alfalfa for the 2021 season
- The ranch produces three cuttings of alfalfa and four to five tons per acre
- 1,085± acres of dryland pasture and 20± acres encompassing the improvements
- Complete set of functional ranch improvements including a manufactured home, shop building, machine shed, barns, enclosed 20,000 lb. beam scale, and a permitted 750-head backgrounding lot
- Year-round stock water to each of the pivot fields through an interconnected system consisting of tire tanks with floats
- Annual property taxes are approximately $10,500
- The offering includes one-half of the owner's mineral rights (if any)
Other PropertiesMore Like This
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.