The CC Karval Ranch is located in the counties of Lincoln and Kiowa, Colorado, and consists of 27,461± deeded acres, 1,925± state leased acres, and use of an additional 400± acres via a private land trade agreement. The ranch has a year-round operational capability and generates annual income from the 262± acres enrolled in CRP.
The majority of the 27,461± deeded acres are contiguous and adjacent to the 1,925± state leased acres, and additional private land trade acres. There is a north and south headquarters, each with working facilities and homes. There are multiple water wells, streams, and tanks. There is 960± dryland farm acres on the southern portion of the property. Half of the Seller’s mineral interest will convey.
Just the Facts
• 27,461± Deeded Acres (Mostly Contiguous)
• 1,925± Acres of State Leased Lands
• A North and South Headquarters
• Abundant Water (Wells, Streams, and Tanks)
• 262± Acres of CRP
• 960± Dryland Farm Acres
The CC Karval Ranch represents an opportunity for a local producer to acquire substantial, high rate-of-gain rangeland at an economical price or a large investor to buy a high-quality, turnkey ranch in one of the last affordable locations in the US. We are looking forward to discussing this unique Colorado ranchland opportunity with you. Call today.
Learn about the locale
South Head Quarters
From State Highway 96 in Haswell, Colorado, travel west on County Road P for 12 miles. Proceed north on County Road 7 for 2.75 miles. Proceed east on County Road T and follow the northern bend in the road to the south headquarters.
North Head Quarters
From the South Head Quarters, exit on County Road T and proceed north on County Road 7 to County Road T. Proceed west for 1.25 miles and turn north on County Road 6. Proceed north for 1 mile and turn west on County Road U. Proceed 2 miles and turn north on County Road 4. At the county line, County Road 4 becomes County Road 34. Proceed north on County Road 4/32 for 3.75 miles and turn east onto County Road D. The north headquarters are 1.5 miles ahead.
The CC Karval Ranch is conveniently located in Colorado, along the Lincoln and Kiowa County line, centrally located between Las Animas, Eads, and Hugo. It’s a 90-minute drive to the larger communities of Colorado Springs or Pueblo, as well as Interstate 25.
The area has an annual precipitation of approximately 11 inches, including an average of 21 inches of annual snowfall. Average temperatures in the summer are around 90 degrees, while winter temperatures average around 40 degrees.
Learn more about the property
Acreage (Deeded & Leased)
Deeded Acres: 27,461± Acres
State Leased Acres: 1,925± Acres
Private Land Trade Acres: 400± Acres
Total Acres: 29,786± Acres
CRP Acres: 262± Acres
Dryland Farm Acres: 960± Acres
Deeded Acres: 27,461±
State Leased Acres: 1,925±
Private Leased Acres: 400±
Total Leased Acres: 2,325±
Total Acres: 29,786±
- There is an abandoned gravel pit located in the northwest corner of Township 16 South,Range 53 North, Section 33. It has gone through the reclamation process.
- The property map boundaries are illustrated along existing fence lines. The official boundary lines may or may not fall directly on the fence lines.
- The mutual grazing agreement/private land trade agreement allows the property owner and neighbor use of each other’s designated property. 3,440± acres of the neighbor’s property and 3,040± acres of the owner’s property are subject to this month-to-month agreement.
Improvements across the property include:
- North Headquarters: home, barn, corrals, equipment shop, and storage building
- South Headquarters: home and Quonsets
- Three 3,300-bushel grain bins
- Additional locations with working corrals
There are 16 water wells, streams, and tanks.
Half of the Seller’s mineral interest will transfer to the Buyer.
The Lincoln County taxes for 2022 are approximately $7,300 and Kiowa County taxes are approximately $5,325.
Learn about the recreational amenities
The ranch has the capacity to carry 800 cows year around.
Leases and Permits
There are three state lease sections available with the ranch purchase. The current rental rate is $8,847.36 per year. The lease will expire on 10/30/2029. There is a combined carrying capacity of 576 AUMs.
There are 262± acres of CRP. The CRP payments are $3,941 and expire in 2032.
The owner and next-door neighbor have a longstanding, month-to-month, land trade agreement. The owner utilizes 3,440± acres of the neighbor’s property, while the neighbor utilizes 3,040± acres (including one state lease) of the Owner’s property.
Back to Overview